Owning Up Online Training: Getting the Most Out of Your Curriculum
Dates: Monday, June 27th – Thursday, June 30th
Time: 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM EST
Cost: $449 per person
Required text: Owning Up is required text and can be purchased here for middle school and here for upper elementary.
Early bird bring-a-friend discount: Register by Friday, June 10th and receive a 50% code for a friend
Audience: 4th – 8th grade educators and counselors
The Cultures of Dignity team will take you through the fundamental aspects of the Owning Up curriculum for two and a half hours per day during this four day course. Integrating Cultures of Dignity’s principles based approach to Social and Emotional Learning, we will concentrate on different sections of the curriculum highlighting essential concepts and lessons that educators can implement into their daily routine and/or social and emotional learning program.
In this training:
- Educators will understand the basics of social and emotional learning
- Educators will know how to increase a sense of belonging in any classroom.
- Educators will feel more prepared, comfortable, and confident in implementing the Owning Up curriculum by grade and/or across grade levels.
- Educators will absorb new information and see it as a way to grow and provide relief rather than as an obstacle that adds more to their plate.
Other included materials:
- One week of class totally 10hrs of synchronous learning
- Supplemental lessons
- Digital workbook
- Certification of professional development completion
- Community of educators from across the country
The Training in a nutshell…
The training is led by Carey Goldstein and supported by Dystanie Douglas-Burger. They will be covering fundamentals to get the most out of Owning Up and providing you the skills to feel confident teaching this social and emotional learning curriculum. You’ll learn how to increase a sense of belonging in your classroom. You’ll learn how to approach student conflict without fear. And most of all, you’ll feel more prepared, comfortable, and confident in implementing the Owning Up curriculum.
Who’s it for?
This training is designed for any educator who wants to create a culture of dignity in their classrooms, during advisory period, or in your school in general. The curriculum covered is specifically designed for grades 4-8 but can be modified to suit other ages and grade levels.
What is the time commitment?
The duration of the training is four days with class each day for two and a half hours. There will be pre course work totaling no more than one hour.
What technology is required?
- Internet access
- Zoom – to join live sessions
- Camera and microphone – we strongly encourage each participant to have both a mic and camera to contribute to the session
$449. This does not include the cost of the curriculum—either Owning Upper Elementary or Owning Up Middle School. The curriculum is required text and can be purchased here for middle school and here for upper elementary.
How does it work?
Each session will include four sections:
- Content – discuss a concept from the section of the curriculum- ie. technology- an overarching concept of all of the lessons
- Highlight at least one lesson with references to different age levels
- Important connections of session material to a foundational SEL concept.
- Q & A
1. Introduction & SEL
2. Foundation and Friendship: Dignity & Navigating social dynamics
3. Societal Pressures & Technology: Emotional awareness, self-regulation and reasonable expectations
4. Tough Topics & Conclusion: Dignity, Navigating Social Dynamics, Emotional Awareness, Self-Regulation, Reasonable Expectations
Join us for an easy-to-follow course: one which includes professional development certified training! We can find the motivation to help others when we prioritize dignity and respect.