Social dynamics, anxiety, and conflicts influence every child’s ability to learn. A safe school climate depends on teaching students the skills to manage their emotions and critically think through solutions to social conflicts. How, then, do you prepare youth to be engaged learners and responsible, socially conscious citizens?
Owning Up Curriculum provides you with the resources to teach young people that their dignity and the dignity of others is the principle that guides our decisions and actions every day in our friendships, families, and schools.
Created in collaboration with young people and educators, Owning Up Curriculum guides young people to understand:
- themselves in relation to group behavior
- the influence of social media on their identity and conflicts
- the dynamics that lead to discrimination and bigotry and how to address them effectively
- how to regulate their emotions and know when and how to ask for help from a trusted adult
- how to address the systems of power and oppression
Whether you teach in a school, a team, or a youth-serving organization, Owning Up is a flexible, innovative curriculum that respects your knowledge of the young people and communities you serve by giving you the following: