Whether you’re working in a school, a team, or a youth-serving organization, internationally recognized author and educator, Rosalind Wiseman and the Cultures of Dignity team bring concrete strategies to prepare youth to be engaged learners and socially responsible citizens. This full-day training surrounding the Owning Up Curriculum, teaches young people to understand their individual development in group behavior, the influence of social media, and the dynamics that lead to discrimination and bigotry.
Designed to transform the way we understand youth culture and create educational communities where children can thrive, this full-day accredited professional development training is a new approach to work with your students.
- Group dynamics.
- Social media.
- Identity development.
- Managing social conflicts in classroom effectively.
- Teasing, Drama, Bullying.
This professional development training for educators is about….
- Defining realistic definitions of bullying, by-standing, teasing, drama and social conflict.
- Analyzing individual behavior and decision making related to negative group social dynamics.
- Identifying dynamics that lead to social conflict
- Recognizing the value of a growth mindset for educators as well as the students
- Teaching students to effectively intervene in social conflicts with their peers.
- Outlining challenges educators have to teach these topics effectively and obtain student buy-in
- New edition of the curriculum
- Lunch catered by Fresh Tracks
- Coffee and refreshments
Graduate credit from Adams State University will be available at the price of $27.50 (email directions will be sent out after registration)
Certificate of completion for the 8 hours will be sent out after the training
About the Curriculum
Written with contributions from students and teachers who are in the classroom every day, Owning Up is a flexible, dynamic curriculum that respects your knowledge of the young people you work with and the communities in which you serve. This isn’t a curriculum from 3 years ago, it reflects what’s happening right now.
Check out the table of contents
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org