● What were you teased about in middle school or high school? How did you respond?
● Were you intimidated by another child or an adult when you were young? Did you ask
for help? From whom? What was the result?
● Did a friend or peer lie about you, betray a confidence, or fail to back you up? How do
you think those experiences impacted you?
● Did you ever do any of these things to a friend?
● What group, if any, were you a part of during middle or high school?
● Who was your first crush? How did you feel when you saw that person? Did you ever
tell that person you were interested?
● What was the biggest lie you ever told an adult when you were a child or a teen? Did
you get caught?
● When you were growing up, what got you respect and high social status as a boy or
young man in your community?
● What got you respect and high social status as a girl or young woman?
● Who was the best teacher or coach you had as a teen? Why?
● Who was the worst teacher or coach you had as a teen? Why?
● How do all these experiences influence the way you work with youth and adults in your
● What characteristics do you have that would discourage any student from approaching
you when they need help?
● What characteristics do you have that would encourage any student to approach you
when they need help?