Owning Up Training Amsterdam
February 1 @ 8:00 am - February 2 @ 4:00 pm MST€650 – €700
A child’s opportunity to learn depends on educators developing expertise in an area beyond just the topic they teach: creating a culture of dignity in the classroom while social media, social dynamics, and bullying can compromise every child’s ability to learn. In addition, educators are increasingly responsible for teaching social-emotional learning in advisories, homerooms, and day-to-day discussions with their students.
But educators rarely get the training to develop this expertise. And when they do, the training and resources often don’t integrate the educator’s knowledge of their students, schools, or communities.
Based on our Owning Up Curriculum, this training integrates rigorous and interactive professional development with your expertise. Whether you are a counselor, administrator, a core curricula teacher, youth adviser, or coach, you will receive the tools to guide young people’s wellbeing and academic engagement.
Here’s what the Owning Up Training will cover:
- Defining realistic definitions of bullying, by-standing, teasing, drama, and social conflict.
- Building educator’s self-capacity in social-emotional learning
- Identifying strategies to integrate social-emotional learning in your classroom and increase student self-management
- Learning effective, empathic responses when a student comes to you with a problem.
- Understanding how to approach young people about social media’s impact on their perceptions and behavior
- Implementing Owning Up Curriculum into your advisory, homeroom or other subject area classes.